Starting in June 2021, all presenters will be selected from the following process.
- All interested parties will complete an initial workshop proposal form found on our website.
- After the closing date, all proposals will go through a blind review by a panel of educators and based on the workshop slots available, recommendations will be made for the best ones to move forward to phase two of the processes and potential presenters will be notified via email. If the presenter does not respond to the email within 48 hours, they will immediately be disqualified.
- Phase two of the process will involve the workshop presenters, recording themselves presenting to a group of people within a 10-minute time frame. Based on a rubric, the interview panel will make recommendations on who will move to the final phase.
- Emails will be sent to those who are determined to be a good fit and within 48 hours they will be sent contracts and asked to virtually sign. If contracts are not signed within 5 days of the initial email, the presenter will immediately be disqualified.
Being a presenter for the Teacher Self-Care Conference is an excellent way for you to not only showcase your elevate your brand. In order to be a presenter for our event, teachers must show the following competencies:
- Have a passion for teacher self-care with the belief that teachers are valuable members of our community and with proper support, they can flourish.
- Have a growth mindset and focused on working toward solutions.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and properly communicate if there’s a delay.
- The ability to answer online communication in a timely (no more than 48-72 hours) manner.
- The ability to be present to present at the selected dates.
- The ability to connect with fellow educators around the need for teacher self-care.
- The ability to be present in our host cities and take part in all mandated conference events (i.e. Official “meetups” and conference days).
- Submit a skeleton copy of their presentation and/or handouts to our conference app.
- The ability to be upbeat, honest, and collegial with not only fellow presenters but also attendees.
Being a presenter at the Teacher Self-Care Conference is a great way to do the work of self-care for teachers AND elevating your brand. To make sure all of our presenters are aligned with our mission and vision, all workshop/presenters/panels/seminars are expected to display the following competencies:
- Create a “hands-on” presentation that asks teachers to reflect, move and act on how to address self-care in their work.
- Deliver an interactive, research-based workshop presentation geared toward our audience of educators.
- Avoid providing a “sales pitch” or an overview of your business. Instead, presenters should work through experiences and research to deliver their message of self-care.
- Start and end their presentation on time to avoid attendees being held over time.
- Provide handouts virtually or in hand with resources for the attendees to use after they leave.
- Avoid using inflammatory language with attendees when presenting and/or during the conference.
Read more about FAQs about the conference, here.